Summer/Fall 2023 "Assistance with Specific Know-How" (ASK) Grant Program
The Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission (LCRPC) plans to award an additional grant this summer for a municipal and/or community project in need of specific technical assistance, such as preliminary engineering/design, economic research, architectural or environmental planning, for example, that will help solve a municipal issue or complete an important town project. The award amount is $2,500. LCRPC has already awarded four (4) ASK Grants this spring to Boothbay Harbor, Damariscotta, Nobleboro, and Waldoboro.
Proposals are due by Friday, September 29, 2023. Towns are encouraged to work with other towns on a joint project, should this be an effective and practical approach to a common issue.
The funding priorities remain the same as in previous ASK opportunities:
1. A town public infrastructure or facility
2. Business attraction or retention
3. Local health and safety issues
Examples of technical assistance:
- Engineering or design recommendations on issues related to ADA, fire safety, or a culvert, for example
- Assistance writing an RFQ/RFP for a municipal project
- Targeted economic research
- Structural or site evaluation or preliminary design for a public building or property
- Town road inventory and capital planning
- Brochure design to promote a town or area
- Wayfinding plans
- Municipal energy project feasibility assessment
Download the application here! fall-2023-ask-grant-application.docx
Applications can be emailed or mailed to the LCRPC, 297 Bath Road, Wiscasset, ME 04578.
Please give the office a call to talk through a proposal – a few minutes answering questions or identifying other helpful resources could improve the application and save you time.
Phone: 207-882-5983 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org