Climate Change Newsleter
New for 2022, the newsletter will feature a different climate change topic each month and the effect on human life and the environment. Topics range from building and construction, ocean and fresh water, and safety and preparedness. Readers will enjoy segments such as ‘Climate Change and YOU’ which showcases practices and behaviors individuals can undertake to address, mitigate, and adapt to climate change; native landscaping, healthy travel, and energy reduction for example. Sign up here today!
A hard-copy version can be mailed to you by contacting email@example.com.
See 2022 Editions below:
The Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission is preparing a monthly email series titled LCRPC Interprets: ‘Maine Won’t Wait’ Climate Action Plan. The goal of the series is to educate and distill information by providing short, easily digestible summaries of ‘Maine Won’t Wait: A Four-Year Plan for Climate Action.’ Each month will be focused on a specific strategy identified in the Action Plan. The intended audience will be town officials, interested residents, and non-profits + organizations in the area who are stakeholders in planning, land use, and climate change work. See editions from 2021 below:
Each month will feature a different subject from the Report:
January 2021 – Introduction to newsletter project and the Climate Council’s work.
February 2021 – Effects of Climate Change on Maine
March 2021 – Strategy A: Embrace the Future of Transportation in Maine
April 2021 – Strategy B: Modernize Maine’s Buildings
May 2021 – Strategy C: Reduce Carbon Emissions in Energy and Industrial Sectors
June 2021 – Strategy D: Grow Maine’s Clean-Energy Economy and Protect our Natural Resource Industries
July 2021 – Strategy E: Protect Maine’s Environment
August 2021 – Strategy F: Building Health and Resilient Communities
September 2021 – Strategy G: Invest in Climate-Ready Infrastructure
October 2021 – Strategy H: Engage with Maine’s People and Communities
November 2021 – Implementing Maine’s Climate Action Plan
December 2021 – ‘Maine Won’t Wait’ One Year Later – What the State Has Accomplished in 2021
The monthly newsletters will follow the same format each month:
- An explanation of the subject, including relevant scientific research and the proposed action steps identified in the Climate Action Plan.
- Identification of a connection to municipal government/leadership or acknowledge how the subject affects town governance.
- Promoting a Maine climate change organization, Town, or RPC doing resiliency planning on the topic.
- Highlight a Lincoln County Business with a quick Q&A on how climate change is relevant to their business, or affects their business and how they see it affecting their business in the future.
See below for archives list of 2021's monthly editions:
- January - Overview of the Climate Action Plan
- February - Technical and Scientific Report
- March - Strategy A: Transportation
- April - Modernize Maine's Buildings
- May - Clean Energy
- June - Clean Energy and Natural Resources
- July, Strategy E - 'Protect Maine's Environment'
- August - Strategy F, 'Build Healthy and Resilient Communities'
- September - Strategy G: 'Invest in Climate-Ready Infrastructure'
- October - Strategy H, 'Engage with Maine People and Communities'
- November - 'Implementing Maine's Climate Action Plan'
- December: A Year in Review + 2022 Preview